The 3800gHD is optimized for applications using high-density (HD) barcodes commonly found in electronics manufacturing, telecom, aerospace, and automotive. In addition, the 3800gHD delivers high performance on standard density bar codes, providing ideal versatility for mixed bar code applications.
Based on the proven 3800g platform, the 3800gHD features an ideal balance of performance, durability, and ergonomics that make it a reliable solution for a broad range of light industrial environments. Powered by Adaptus® Imaging Technology 5.0, the 3800gHD provides fast, intuitive bar code reading across a range of high and low density codes and easily reads damaged or poorly printed bar codes—all in a single device.
In addition to optimal high density performance, the 3800gHD provides the added value of swipe action PDF417 decoding—extending its data capture capability. Compact, ergonomic design and class-leading durability, coupled with aggressive reading performance, makes the new 3800gHD the ideal choice for customers who appreciate a reliable, versatile, and economical solution to meet their scanning needs. •
- Optimized for High Density Reading:Superior reading performance on 3 mil linear bar codes, plus the versatility to read other common linear symbologies.
- Intuitive Aiming Line: Thin, crisp aiming line for ease-of-use in scanning bar code menus and densely populated documents.
- Swipe Action PDF417 Decoding: Supports PDF417, PDF417 Truncated, Composite, and MicroPDF
- Performance and Versatility Powered by Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0
- 270 scans per second and high tolerance to hand motion for fast and intuitive scanning.
- Working range from .3 inches to 8 inches on medium density barcodes
- Improved ability to read damaged or poorly printed bar codes.
- Durable: Built to last with no moving parts to wear out and backed by a 5-year warranty.
- Plug and Play Connectivity:All popular interfaces are on board. Includes Visual Xpress™ software for ease of integration.
- Future Proof Symbology Support: GTIN compliant, GS1 DataBar capable.
- Intuitive User Feedback: Fully programmable options for application-specific “good read” LED and beeper settings.
3800gHD Technical Specifications
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||112 mm x 79 mm x 150 mm (4.4″ x 3.1″ x 5.9′)|
|Weight||159 g (5.6 oz)|
|Input Voltage||5 VDC ± 0.5 V|
|Operating Power||2.3 W (450 mA @ 5 V)|
|Standby Power||430 mW (86 mA @ 5 V)|
|Host System Interfaces||USB, TTL level RS232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 46xx (RS485)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)|
|Humidity||0 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Drop||Designed to withstand 1.5 m (5′) drops|
|Environmental Sealing||Sealed to resist airborne particulate contaminants|
|Light Levels||70,000 Lux|
|Scan Pattern||Linear Image (CCD: 3648 pixels)|
|Scan Speed||270 scans per second|
|Motion Tolerance||25 cm/s (10 in/s) with 13 mil UPC at optimal focus|
|Scan Angle||ELS: 51°|
|Print Contrast||37% minimum reflectance difference|
|Pitch, Skew||65°, 65°|
|Decode Capabilities||Reads standard 1D and GS1 Databar symbologies.|
|Warranty||5 year factory warranty|
For a complete listing of all compliance approvals and certifications, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com/compliance
For a complete listing of all supported bar code symbologies, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com/symbologies
For more information:www.honeywellaidc.com
|Narrow Width||Depth of Field|
|3.0 mil||30 mm – 84 mm (1.2″ – 3.3″)|
|5.0 mil||20 mm – 140 mm (0.8″ – 5.5″)|
|10 mil||5 mm – 216 mm (0.2″ – 8.5″))|
|13 mil||15 mm – 208 mm (0.6″ – 8.2″)|
|6.7 mil||38 mm – 66 mm (1.5″ – 2.6″)|
|20 mil||51 mm – 74 mm (2.0″ – 2.9″)|
|*Performance may be impacted by bar code
quality and environmental conditions