From the global leader in imaging technology comes the 3800g—the newest member of the legendary 3800 family of linear imagers. The first in a new class of 3800 linear imagers, the 3800g was built to deliver world-class performance for a broad range of market applications. Featuring an ideal balance of performance, durability, ergonomics, and connectivity solutions, the 3800g delivers years of hassle-free scanning for applications in retail, warehouse, manufacturing, distribution—and all points in-between.
The first linear imager to earn the Adaptus® Imaging Technology brand, the new 3800g is powered by Adaptus 5.0, delivering breakthrough linear imaging performance and versatility. Fast, intuitive bar code reading across a range of high and low density codes, the 3800g quickly reads even damaged and poorly printed bar codes—all in a single device.
Sound, ergonomic design and class-leading durability, coupled with aggressive reading performance, makes the new 3800g the ideal choice for customers who appreciate best-in-class value in a handheld linear reader.
- Performance and Versatility Powered by Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0:
- Excellent tolerance to lateral hand motion (4x faster) makes 3800g easy to use.
- 270 scans per second makes bar code reading faster than ever.
- Improved depth of field across a broad range of linear bar codes.
- Working range from .5 inches to 18 inches on 100% UPC/EAN symbols.
- Improved ability to read damaged or poorly printed bar codes.
- General Purpose Reader: Single device covering the broadest range of customer applications
- Modern, Ergonomic Design: Sleek, modern industrial design results in a smaller, lighter device for increased operator comfort and productivity
- Durable:No moving parts to wear out. Full impact resistant bumpers and a 5 year warranty make the 3800g one of the toughest scanners on the market
- Connectivity: All popular interfaces are on board. Includes Visual Express™ software for ease-of-integration. Supports Unified POS standard and Windows® Embedded for Point of Service, for retail connectivity
- Common Cabling: Uses same cable solutions as our linear, 2D, and cordless imagers—for easy ordering and efficient spares pools
- Future Proof Symbology Support: GTIN compliant, GS1 DataBar capable
- Intuitive Aiming Line: Thin, crisp aiming line for easeof- use in scanning bar coded menus and densely populated documents
- Full Line of Accessories: Includes presentation scanning, global power choice options, and purpose built mounting solutions
- Intuitive User Feedback: Fully programmable options for application-specific “good read” LED and beeper settings
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||112 mm x 79 mm x 150 mm (4.4″ x 3.1″ x 5.9″)|
|Weight||159 g (5.6 oz)|
|Input Voltage 3800GX4E:||5 VDC ± 0.5 V; 3800GX5E: 4.5 – 12 VDC Operating Power 250mA|
|Standby Power 3800GX4E:||430 mW (86 mA @ 5 V); 3800GX5E: 780 mW (65 mA @ 12 V)|
|Host System Interfaces 3800Gx4E:||USB, TTL level RS232, Keyboard Wedge|
|3800Gx5E:||USB, TTL level RS232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 46xx (RS485)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°F to 140F (-40°C to 60°C)|
|Humidity||0 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Drop||Designed to withstand 1.5 m (5´) drops|
|Environmental Sealing||Sealed to resist airborne particulate contaminants|
|Light Levels||70,000 Lux|
|Scan Pattern||Linear Image (CCD: 3648 pixels)|
|Scan Speed||270 scans per second|
|Motion Tolerance||51 cm/s (20 in/s) with 13 mil UPC at optimal focus|
|Scan Angle||3800g: Horizontal: 47°; 3800ghd: Horizontal: 51°|
|Print Contrast||20% minimum reflectance difference|
|Pitch, Skew||65°, 65°|
|Decode Capabilities||Reads standard 1D and GS1 DataBar symbologies.|
|Warranty||5 year factory warranty|
For a complete listing of all compliance approvals and certifications, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com/compliance
For a complete listing of all supported bar code symbologies, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com/symbologies
For more information:www.honeywellaidc.com
|Narrow Width||Depth of Field|
|5.0 mil||51 mm – 203 mm (2.0″ – 8.0″)|
|7.5 mil||38 mm – 305 mm (1.5″ – 12″)|
|10 mil||25 mm – 381 mm (1.0″ – 15″)|
|13 mil||13 mm – 457 mm (0.5″ – 18″)|
|15 mil||25 mm – 559 mm (1.0″ – 22″ )|
|20 mil||25 mm – 660 mm (1.0″ – 26″)|
|*Performance may be impacted by bar code
quality and environmental conditions