3″ Rugged Receipt Printer
features at a glance
- Rugged Design – The durable Andes 3 has a flame retardant heavy-duty housing that is UV-resistant and comes with side and corner over-molding to withstand multiple drops to 4 feet (1.2 meters).
- Affordable – Standard features and accessories included with the Andes 3: RS232, IrDA, USB, Bluetooth, battery, AC adaptor, shoulder strap and a one year warranty.
- Fast Printing – All features supported by the Andes 3 are managed by an ARM7™ 32-bit processor ensuring fast print speeds of up to 3″ (76mm) per second.
- User Controlled Memory – All resident fonts and firmware are integrated into the processor’s memory leaving 4MB Flash available to store custom configurations, logos and fonts.
- Easy to Use – LED lights provide status for power, communication, battery charging, card reader (optional) and error conditions. With a simple “drop- in” paper load system that allows for quick paper roll replacement, the Andes 3 holds a paper roll of up to 130ft (40m). Transparent door windows let you see when the paper roll is running low.
- Options– 802.11b/g and magnetic card reader.
- Endurance – A high-capacity Lithium-Ion battery lasts a full shift on a single charge.
- Flexible – Supports the printing of custom graphics, logos, fonts, 1D barcodes and 2D symbologies.
- Charging Options – Standard: AC adaptor included with printer. Optional: vehicle charger, vehicle mount and external 2-Bay battery charger.
The Datamax-O’Neil Andes 3 printer was designed for the rough and tumble environment of the mobile field worker. Rugged, lightweight and easy to use, the Andes 3 is the perfect choice for companies who need a durable printer at an affordable price.
The Andes 3 is lightweight and compact with all the features and options necessary to keep pace with today’s changing requirements in field service, law enforcement, retail, hospitality and route accounting applications. The Andes 3 can be worn comfortably all day with a shoulder strap or swivel belt loop. Its large paper capacity and easy “drop-in” paper loading means less downtime and higher efficiency. The Andes 3 is powered by a high-capacity, long lasting Lithium- Ion battery that lasts through an 8 – 10 hour shift. The ARM7™ 32-bit processor allows receipts to print quickly with ample memory for logos, graphics, fonts and barcodes.
The affordable Andes 3 comes equipped with RS232, IrDA, USB, and Bluetooth as well as a universal AC adaptor, shoulder strap, battery, spare paper roll and includes a one year warranty (including printhead). Options include 802.11b/g, 3-Track magnetic card reader as well as a variety of accessories. With its low price point, the Andes 3 offers the options and features of higher priced products without compromising on quality and strength.
- Payment Receipts
- Service Receipts:
- Credit Card Receipts
- Signature Proofs
- Credit Card Transactions
- Transaction Receipts
- Product Identification
- Queue Busting
- Delivery Receipts
- Inventory Reports
- redit Card Transactions
Ruggedness and affordability – The Andes 3 is a proven design that has earned a reputation for durability in applications around the world. With its affordable pricing, the Andes 3 offers companies the options and features of higher priced printers without compromising on quality and performance.
- Dimensions: – 6.9″ L x 4.8″ W x 3.5″ H
(175 x 123 x 86 mm)
- Printer with battery: 23 oz (0.779 kg)
- Printer with battery & paper roll: 33.6 oz (0.953 kg)
- Drop specifications: 4 ft. (1.2 m)
- IP54 (excluding paper roll)
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°F (-10° to 50°C)
- Storage temperatures: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Charging temperatures: 41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C
- Relative humidity range:10% RH to 85% RH non-condensing
- ESD Protection: 8kV Air/ 4kV Contact
– Direct Thermal
– 203 dots per inch (8 dots per mm)
- Print mechanism speed:
– 3 inches per second (76 mm per second)
- Print width:
– 2.83″ (72 mm)
- Media Type:
– Direct thermal receipt paper (standard, premium, heavy duty, long-life, image protect, hi-temp, and all weather)
– For optimum print quality and printer performance, use Certified Datamax-O’Neil supplies
- Paper Width:
– 3.09” (78 mm)
- Max Roll Size:
– 2.20″ (55.8 mm) maximum roll O.D.
- Max Media Thickness:
– 6 mil
- Media I.D. Core:
– 0.4″ (10.16 mm)
– RS232, up to 115.2 kbps
– 57.6 kbps
– 2.0 (client)
– Version 2.0
- 802.11 b/g: (optional)
– Network standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g
– Wireless access modes: Infrastructure and ad-hoc
– Security Protocols:
WEP WPA WPA2 Modes
64/128 TKIP/RCA CCMP/AES Authentication LEAP
– Network support: DHCP, TCP, UDP
- Memory:– 2MB RAM / 4MB Flash
- Linear: Codes 39, Code128 A/B/C, Interleaved2 of 5, UPC/EAN/JAN and Codabar
- 2D Symbologies: PDF417
- Optional characters: Simplified & Traditional Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Polish, Greek, Cyrillic
- Graphics: Supports 8-bit graphic printing, custom font, logo downloading
- Standard fonts:
– ASCII, International, PC Line draw
– 12CPI, 16CPI, 19CPI, 21CPI, 24CPI,13CPI rotated
– (1) 7.4V Lithium-Ion, 2200 mAh
- DC Input (for charging only):
– External DC jack, 10V, built-in spike and surge protection
– Serial: prints approx. 969 – 6″ receipts
– Bluetooth: prints approx. 936 – 6″ receipts
– 3 hours from AC adapter or cigarette adapter
- Configuration Utility includes:
– Font Download
– Bluetooth® Set-up
– Wi-Fi Set-Up
– Communications Parameter set-up
– Printer Custom Attributes Set-up
– Logo Download
– Windows® XP/Vista/7
- Form Fiesta Page Printing Utility
- 802.11 b/g
- Integrated magnetic strip card reader
Andes 3 comes complete with Shoulder Strap, Battery, Universal AC Adapter and 1 Roll
- Replacement Battery – Li-Ion 7.4V 2200 mAh
- Belt Loop System or Shoulder Strap System
– Carry the printer comfortably either on your belt or on the shoulder
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter – Allows the printer fto be charged rom the vehicle cigarette lighter
- USB Cable – USB data cable with gold plated contacts
- Battery Charger – 2 Bay battery charger for charging Li-Ion batteries (batteries not included)
- Cleaning Cards – Use of clean card is recommended to extend the life of the printhead
Contact sales representative for the most current approval list
- Printer*: 1 year (including platen roller and installed options)
- Printhead*: 1 year or 1,000,000 inches whichever comes first
- Contact sales representative for extended warranty options
- *when used with approved supplies