Zebra® HC100™ Wristband Printer
A Total Solution for Wristband Printing
Zebra’s HC100™ wristband printer was developed to maximize ease of use. Just pop the easy-to-load cartridges containing Zebra’s Z-Band® wristbands into the printer—and print individual wristbands. The wide range of available wristbands are suitable for hospital patient identification as well as guest identification at hospitality venues and attractions such as amusement parks, sporting events and zoos.
It’s easy-to-load feature requires minimal user action as the printer detects the wristband type and size and automatically calibrates the settings for optimal print quality and reduced waste. There is minimal training required to use the HC100—loading or switching the cartridge is a quick and simple task.
The wristband cartridges are available in a wide variety of wristband sizes and colors and feature a waterproof adhesive, making the HC100 an ideal solution for amusement and water park guest identification. With faster print speeds, wait lines at the point of entrance are reduced, improving the customer experience and staff productivity.
The HC100 withstands most hospital disinfectants and with more connectivity options—including 802.11b/g wireless LAN capability—and a small footprint, the HC100 printer works with your network and fits your workspace. The HC100 allows you to print patient information and all industry standard one- and two-dimensional barcode symbologies directly onto Zebra’s Z-Band direct thermal wristbands—featured with an antimicrobial coating and available with adhesive or clip closure, in a variety of sizes, colors and materials— enabling hospital staff to process patient admissions quickly and safely.
Ideal for These Applications
Patient Identification: hospitals, outpatient clinics
Guest Identification: amusement parks, water parks, resorts, carnivals, concerts, sporting events, zoos
Genuine Zebra™ Wristbands for the HC100 Printer
Zebra’s Z-Band thermal wristbands allow you to print patient information and barcodes directly on the wristbands.
• Determined MR-Safe by an independent MRI testing company
• Feature a silver antimicrobial coating that protects the wristband
• Scannable up to 14 days, promoting quality patient care and safety
• Quick and easy to print and fasten using an adhesive tab or color clip
Attraction and Event Wristbands
Enable cashless point-of-sale and access management with print-on-demand barcoded wristbands. The Zebra HC100 printer and direct thermal Z-Band® Fun or Z-Band® Splash wristbands can
• Reduce ticket fraud; revenue losses associated with theft and counterfeits
• Improve transaction speeds • Enhance each guest’s experience with barcode scanning
• Lower total cost of ownership with increased convenience and rewards
SPECIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE*
Printer Name HC100 Standard Features
• Quick & easy wristband cartridge loading
• Automatic print speed setting—up to 4 ips depending on installed cartridge
• Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
• Dual-wall frame, impact-resistant plastic
• ZPL® or ZPL II® programming language
• 32 bit RISC processor
• 8 MB (2 MB user-available) Flash memory (standard)
• 16 MB (4 MB user-available) SDRAM memory (standard)
• Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
• Dual communications interface: serial and USB
• Odometer for print-length tracking
• Illuminated media low/media out indicator
• Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
• Unicode™-compliant for multi-language printing
• Instant media calibration—no wasted media
• 16 resident expandable bitmap fonts
• One resident scalable font
• Head-up sensor
• Standard tear-off mode feature
• XML-enabled printing—allows XML communications from information systems
• ENERGY STAR® qualified
Maximum Print Length
• 22″/558 mm
Minimum Print Length
• 3″/76 mm
• 0.75″/19.05 mm, 1″/25.4 mm, 1.1875″/30.16 mm
• 300 dpi/12 dots per mm
Maximum Print Speed
• 2″/51 mm per second (Healthcare)
• 4″/102 mm per second (Z-Band Fun & Z-Band Splash)
Zebra offers a comprehensive range of wristband solutions for healthcare and hospitality industries.
• Adhesive or clip closure.
• Adult, child and infant sizes.
• Barcodes on Z-Band wristbands are proven to withstand water, soaps, foams, alcohol and other common solvents found in a healthcare environment, and remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay.
• One-day and multi-day wristband options.
• Seven bright colors.
• Designed for amusement parks, water parks, carnivals, zoos, sporting events and resorts.
• Variable print-on-demand barcoded wristbands means the wristband does not have value until printed, reducing ticket fraud.
Operating Characteristics Environment
• Operating temperature: 40° F/4.4° C to 104° F/40° C
• Storage temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Operating humidity: 20%-85% non-condensing R.H.
• Storage humidity: 5%-85% non-condensing R.H.
Wristband Cartridge Environmental Specifications
• Service temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Storage temperature: 32° F/0° C to 70°F/21° C at 35% to 50% non-condensing R.H
• Universal power supply (PFC-compliant) 100–240VAC, 50–60Hz
• ENERGY STAR qualified printer
• Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick
• Emissions and Susceptibility: (CE): EN 55022 Class B and EN 55024
• Safety: CB Scheme IEC 60950-1:2001, TÜV, NRTL
• Power supply: IEC 60601-1:1995
• Width: 5″/127 mm
• Height**: 7″/178 mm
• Depth: 9.5″/242 mm
• Weight: 3.1 lbs/1.4 kg
** Requires 6″/153 mm clearance above printer to load cartridge
Healthcare wipeable plastic is designed to withstand a variety of disinfectants, chemicals and cleaning solutions. See zebra.com for full list.
Options and Accessories
• ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)— factory-installed only, offered in combination with serial/USB interface
• ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)—factory- installed only, offered in combination with serial/ USB interface
• Font packs—Asian and other international font kits
• Factory-installed 64 MB (58 MB user-available) Flash memory option
• ZBI 2.0™—Factory- or field-installed, this powerful programming language lets printers run standalone applications, connect to peripherals, and much more
Fonts and Character Sets
• Character fonts: Standard bitmapped Zebra fonts: A, B, C, D, E (OCR-B), F, G, H (OCR-A), GS, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V & Ø Smooth font (CG Triumvirate™ Bold Condensed)
• Supports user-defined fonts and graphics— including custom logos
• Bitmap fonts are expandable up to 10 times, height- and width-independent.
Fonts E and H (OCR-B and OCR-A), however, are not considered in spec when expanded
• Smooth-scalable font Ø (CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed) is expandable dot-by-dot, height- and width-independent, while maintaining edges to a max. 1500 x 1500 dots
• Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, GS1 DataBar™ (formerly RSS), Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions
• Aztec Code, Codablock, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, MicroPDF417, PDF417, QR Code
• ZebraDesigner™ Pro (option)
• ZebraDesigner (standard)
• ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise (option)
• ZebraNet Utilities v7.0 (standard)
• ZebraDesigner Driver
• Zebra Universal Driver
• ZBI 2.0 (optional)
• ZBI-Developer™ (standard with ZBI 2.0)
• ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)
• ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)
• ZPL II—Universal language for Zebra printers.Simplifies wristband and label formatting and enables format compatibility with existing systems that run Zebra printers.
• Web View & Alert