- Longest Standard Battery Life In Its Class
- 3.1 lbs. with 14.5 Hours of Battery Life
- 33% Thinner than Previous Model
- High Def Webcam with Built-in Mic
- Analog (VGA) and Digital (HDMI) Video Outputs
- Two USB 3.0 Ports for Faster File Transfer Speeds
14.5 hours of standard battery life—the longest in its class and only 3.1 lbs.
Introducing the 3.1 lb. Panasonic Toughbook® SX2. With an amazing 14.5 hours of battery life, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, the Toughbook SX2 was designed for the mobile professional. The Toughbook SX2 can handle up to a 30″ drop thanks to its tough magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive. Add to that the flexibility of supporting both USB 3.0 and 2.0, analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) video, the latest SD card standard (SDXC), a DVD drive, a 12.1″ HD+ display and easy to use circular scrolling touchpad, and you get a laptop that lets
you do more than you ever expected. And not just at your desk.
- ¦ MIL-STD-810G certified (6′ drop, shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/ thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, humidity, explosive atmosphere)1
- ¦ MIL-STD-461F certified1
- ¦ IP65 certified sealed all-weather design1
- ¦ Optional class I division 2, groups ABCD certified model
- ¦ Hard drive heater
- ¦ Full magnesium alloy case with hand strap
- ¦ Shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive with quick-release
- ¦ Pre-installed replaceable screen film for LCD protection
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit1 or Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit1
- Panasonic Utilities, Recovery Partition
- Intel® Core™ i5-3320M vPro™ Processor
– 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
– Intel® Smart Cache 3MB
STORAGE & MEMORY
- 4GB SDRAM (DDR3L-1333MHz) standard, expandable to 8GB1,2
- 320GB 5400rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect and removable)2,3
- DVD Super MULTI Drive
- 12.1″ HD+ LED 1600 x 900
- Anti-glare screen treatment
- Intel® QM77 video controller, max. 1551MB shared VRAM with 32-bit4
- External video support up to 1920 x 1200 at 16.7 million colors
- Intel® high-definition audio compliant
- Integrated speaker
- Keyboard volume and mute controls
KEYBOARD & INPUT
- 84-key with dedicated Windows® key
- Electrostatic touchpad with circular scrolling
- 720p webcam with mic and camera on/off indicator
- SD card (SDXC)
- HDMI Type A
- VGA D-sub 15-pin
- Headphones/ speaker Mini-jack stereo
- Microphone/ line in Mini-jack stereo
- USB 3.0 (x 2), USB 2.0 (x 1) 4-pin
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ-45
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth® v4.0 + EDR (Class 1)
– Authentication: LEAP, WPA, 802.1x, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, PEAP
– Encryption: CKIP, TKIP, 128-bit and 64-bit WEP, Hardware AES
- Slide on/off switch
- Li-Ion battery pack (7.2V, typical 13600mAh, minimum 12800mAh)
- Battery operation: 14.5 hours5
- Battery charging time: 4 hours off, 5 hours on5
- AC Adapter: AC 100V-240V 50/60Hz, auto sensing/switching worldwide
- Battery status LED indicator
- Suspend/Resume Function, Hibernation, Standby, ACPI BIOS
- Economy mode
- Password Security: Supervisor, User, Hard Disk Lock
- Cable lock slot
- Trusted platform module (TPM) security chip v.1.2
- Computrace® theft protection agent in BIOS6
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology
- Optional fingerprint reader
- 3-year limited warranty, parts and labor
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- 8.5″(L) x 11.6″(W) x 1.0″(H)
- 3.1 lbs.
- Fingerprint reader
- AC Adapter (3-prong) CF-AA6503A2M
- Lithium Ion Battery Pack CF-VZSU76W
- LIND Car Adapter 120W CF-LNDDC120
- LIND Car Adapter 120W
Mounting Bracket CF-LNDBRK120
- LIND Shutdown Timer CF-LNDLPT
- ToughMate ComUniversal
Carrying Case TBCCOMUNV-P
- ToughMate Business-rugged
Top-loading Case TBCBRTL-P
- ToughMate ComUniversal Roller TBCRLR-P
- ToughMate Backpack TBCBPK-P
- Memory Cards
–4GB DDR3 CF-WMBA1104G
Please consult your reseller or Panasonic representative before purchasing.
1Tested by national independent third party lab following MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV for transit drop test and IEC 60529 Sections 13.4, 13.6.2, 14.2.5 and 14.3 for IP65.
2A full set of Windows XP drivers are available at panasonic.com/toughbook/support.
3An Intel Core i7 processor is also available.
4Total usable memory will be less depending upon actual system configuration.
Maximum of 4GB of memory when equipped with camera. Windows 7 64-bit max.
VRAM is 1696MB.
51GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes.
61000 nit without ambient light assistance. Up to 6000 nit in clear, sunny conditions under
7Battery performance features such as charge time and life span can vary according to
the conditions under which the computer and battery are used. Battery operation and
recharge times will vary based on many factors, including screen brightness, applications,
features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
Battery testing results from MobileMark 2007.
8Requires software and activation to enable theft protection.
9Accessories and Integrated Options may vary depending on your notebook configuration.
Visit Panasonic website for more accessories and details.
10Camera replaces the second memory slot located on the bottom of the PC
Panasonic is constantly enhancing product specifications and accessories. Specifications subject
to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners. ©2012 Panasonic
Corporation of North America. All rights reserved. SS_TB19_08/12